Who We Are
The Renaissance Center is a community-based Counseling Ministry designed for individuals, couples, families and groups experiencing difficulty in a number of life areas. Counseling services are provided to assist with adjustments to various life issues such as parent/child conflicts, marital conflicts, and family conflicts. The center also provides counseling for those who have experienced domestic violence, sexual abuse/assault/rape, and other traumatic life experiences. In addition, the center provides services to support those dealing with separation/divorce, grief and loss, anxiety, depression, anger management and addiction issues. Premarital counseling is also offered.
The Renaissance Center aspires to relieve suffering and promote healthy relationships through excellent and accessible services to Baltimore and surrounding areas. These services will be provided without regard to creed, color or socio-economic status or religious affiliation by competent, well-trained clinicians who strive to faithfully integrate Christian/biblical truths with principles of psychological health.
Our mission is to minister to the whole person by providing healing for the mind, spirit and body by offering supportive counseling services. The outcome of our ministry is to strengthen individuals and families so they can live a more productive and healthy lifestyle within their environment. We also want to enable persons to reach a level of growth and resilience through reconciliation that will ultimately lead to a more balanced life. The purpose of the ministry is to fill a need in the community for accessible mental health services supported with a spiritual foundation. We accommodate most clients by offering them accessible and confidential counseling services within the community environment.
- Integrating Christian principles into its services and operations.
- Upholding ethical standards of conduct.
- Excellence in all of its governance, stewardship and management.
- Being client-centered in all of its services, policies and procedures.
- Ongoing assessment of all its services, policies and procedures.
- Nurturing collaborative and/or collegial working relationships with community organizations.
- Promoting racial and/or ethnic diversity of its staff.
- Professional development and life-long learning for all staff.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His personal return in power in glory.
- We believe in regeneration by the Holy Spirit as absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful people.
- We believe in the present indwelling of the same Spirit, enabling Christians to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost, the saved unto life and the lost unto damnation.